Friday, May 14, 2010

Ultrasound Attempt #2

WE'VE HAVING A GIRL!
We got to go back to the doctor yesterday for the second attempt at an ultrasound. The doctor still had a hard time seeing the baby (because I carry so low), but he was more successful than last time. :)
This time, he was able to check the chambers of the heart, the head, and possible clefts in the face. All of which were normal! Unfortunately, throughout the whole ultrasound, he had to go back about 4 times trying to see the sex of the baby. It was apparently difficult because the baby was crossing her legs the whole time! (I'm telling ya, this baby is out to torture me. ;) ) Luckily, the baby was moving A LOT this time, yet she would not uncross her legs. Finally the doctor gave us his best guess that it was a girl. He said he was 70-80% sure. He wants to check again in four weeks when I return, just to double check. Although, those are pretty good odds for a doctor's guess, so we're gonna plan on it; and I am not disappointed at all with the outcome! Kory and I are going to have a baby girl! Won't that be cute?! hehe :)

Feet
Head- profile
Spine
Head- front/face
"Female"- the three lines below the word were his clue. As you can see, her legs are stubbornly crossed.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I always have a hard time reading these things, but the face always looks like an alien. Won't that be funny if it turns out to be a boy! I won't start making your baby's dress just yet. Just in case.