My life right now consists of days filled with puzzles, sing-a-longs, screams, poopy diapers, Mickey Mouse, play dough, cooking, cleaning, crying and smiling children. All in all, I cannot complain because when you think about it, I have a pretty dang awesome life. But I personally am known for my cabin fever-ness at this time of year (which usually lasts all year...) Honestly if I could travel to a new place bi-weekly, I would do it in a heartbeat. BUT, I have been currently blessed with two beautiful and spirited little girls that keep my feet grounded for the time being. And I am choosing to enjoy it while it lasts.
I bet you are wondering what Sydney T has been up to. Well this girl is too smart for her own good. The 2 and under puzzles she received for Christmas as too easy for her, so her grandma and I got her some 3 year old puzzles and she loves them. She still needs a little help getting started on them but she does them exceptionally well for her age. I have no idea how I got blessed with such a smart child. It must be because of her daddy because I haven't done anything special. My mom says if she didn't know better, she'd think Sydney was my older brother's daughter (Dustin. Because he was a genius baby too). She also knows more words than you know to the song "I Am a Child of God" and "Hakuna Matata". Sydney is obsessed with Mickey Mouse and all that he entails. She loves Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and her stuffed Mickey, Minnie, and Donald dolls. I enjoy the fact that she is falling in love with everything Disney. The other day she saw a Disneyland commercial and shouted out, "GOOFY!" with the biggest smile on her face. I have never wanted to take her to Disneyland more than I do now. She is such a big helper; she loves to help vacuum and sweep and wipe the tables. She is literally helpful when she takes a Lysol wipe and wipes down every surface within her reach. She also has some fascination with washing her hands and brushing her teeth. Let's hope we can keep that habit up. In addition, she really loves her little sister. :)
Fell asleep while eating her chips on the way home from lunch
Watching Mickey together
Oh dear...
Cleaning the church
She learned how to put her backpack on all by herself
Now you are probably wanting to see how little Ainsley has grown. She is almost 6 months old and sits well and is only a day or so away from rolling. Once she starts rolling, there will be no stopping her, so I am not in a big hurry. She has been a very easy baby when it comes to sleeping and eating and everyday routine. But when her teeth decided to come in, it was as if all Hell broke loose in this house. She does NOT do teething well. She will just kick and scream until the Tylenol kicks in, which usually take 45 minutes. I hate it because I feel helpless as her mother because I can't console her, but luckily it passes. As a result, she now has 2 bottom teeth! I hope her teeth come in quickly so we don't have to go through this for long. Also because of the teething, she is pooping A LOT more and I swear she is seriously trying to ruin all my favorite clothes on her because of how many blow-outs she has a day. (Speaking of which, I just came back from changing one!) If she is not teething, she will play and watch Sydney by herself and will fall asleep without needing to be held. She has the brightest smile and will smile at anybody who walks in the room. She is like a little ray of sunshine with a stormy cloud now and then. ;)
Kory continues to work hard. I am truly blessed to have a husband with such a strong work ethic. He must've learned it from his father. Either way, it is definitely a blessing. In The Proclamation to the World, the Lord says,
"By divine design, fathers are to preside over their families in love
and righteousness and are responsible to provide the necessities of life
and protection for their families."
It saddens me to see fathers and husbands be lazy in their God-given right and obligation. If they need the talent of work ethic, then they need to pray for it. God said that if they "humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them." (Ether 12:27) Sorry, not sure what got me started there, I'll get off my soapbox now. :) I really just am immensely grateful for such a hard working man who will do anything in his power to make his family comfortable in life.

















No comments:
Post a Comment